There will be no school on November 26 and 27 for Thanksgiving.
November 12, 2014
Friends of Valley View Elementary School,
- Parent-Teacher Conferences were well attended again this year, with over 90% showing up for these very important meetings. Conversations are held over the telephone with those who are unable to stop in. Nice job teachers and parents!
- Veterans Day was GREAT! On Monday the 10th, our school honored local heroes. Good job students and staff! Thank you Badger H.S. Band and our best to the local Veterans!!
- VVES had 136 students with perfect attendance during the 1st Quarter. WOW! See list of students here. Who can be prefect all year long???
- Going home today with this copy of the PPP is a tri-fold pamphlet explaining our Title One Response to Intervention Program (RTI). Please look this over. If you have any questions, please stop by or give us a call.
- The Valley View Parent-Teacher Organization is actively pushing forward. A couple of weeks ago, about 20 of us met at the landfill and made 630 sandbags. They are being sold for $5.00 each, at Les Schwab and Moose Valley Farms—VVES PTO should profit $2500 for the effort. In other PTO news, Valley View is sharing the concession for the Harlem Ambassadors vs. the NBA “Wanna B’s” at the Middle School on Friday, the 14th. Help may still be needed!
- We are in need of a parent to oversee the BoCo Backpack Program at Valley View. This community driven program provides nonperishable food over the weekends for over 50 VVES families. If you have the time to assist with this program, please contact our School Counselor, RaNae Barker.
- Elks Hoop Shoot will be held in Sandpoint on January 10, 2015. Mr. Beck will determine the Valley View School winners for both the Boys and Girls Divisions in all three age groups (8-9, 10-11, and 12-13). Good luck students!
- Idaho Family Reading Week starts on Monday—grab a book! See more below!!!
Respectfully submitted by,
Gary Pflueger, Principal
11/12 5:15 PTO Meeting NEW TIME!!!
11/13 return wreath order forms—last chance is tomorrow
11/17-20 Idaho Family Reading Week—Building a Community of
Every morning from 7:30-7:45 a community member will read in
Monday—Guest Readers in the classrooms
Tuesday—Storytelling with Karen Standall in the Cafeteria:
K, 1st & 2nd 2:15-2:45
3rd, 4th, 5th 3:00-3:30
Wednesday—HS Drama Class “Dramatic Readings”
Thursday—PJ Party, popcorn, Stop, Drop & Read at 1:05
11/19 4:30 Executive Council meeting
11/20 PTO wreaths deliveries
11/20 Invite a family member to VVES Thanksgiving luncheon for only
$3.60 per meal.
An invitation slip has been sent home with each child. RSVP by
Please do not drive to the back of our building before or after school. This area is for staff parking and bus pickup/drop off only. This is a student safety issue!